Finally a check plugin that doesn’t need configuration!!!
It’s already working, but I will spend another 1-2 days adding in a few more important features.
- dom0 memory usage
- domU performance data support
- xend + migrationd monitoring
- checking if a “autostart” file exists (on standalone xen, not for ovm/xe/xcp
- check that ballooning of dom0 is disabled – this is strictly a home user feature!
What I don’t know about yet is how to handle parenting / clustering.
Probably it will be all done by defining the vm’s as a cluster service, but I wanna be real sure Nagios can recognize the cluster nodes as parents.
and then I’ll package it for upload to the check_mk plugin exchange.
I might rename it to vmm_xen beforehand as I think the naming conventions in opennebula are quite smart.
Other nagios / check_mk plugins I’d love to work on
- DTC (check all services are up, PHP jobs working
- open nebula
- FreeBSD agent update