In my english class at volkshochschule munich the teacher had come up with some hypothetics game to force us into really thinking about some grammatical details…
I noticed the wild difference between my first answers and a more realistic second view.
You were a girl
My first answer:
- I would need to stop eating as much as I can and need to learn how to enjoy stuff like “shopping”
The real answer:
- I would have become an artist and burned down my life like a bengal fire, dancing in the blaze. I would be long dead by now.
If the internet hadn’t been invented
- I’d still be stuck in our old village and would have married hopefully Ellen from the town(!) as I promised when we were both 5 years old. I’d either enjoy having fresh air and open spaces or I’d already have gone crazy in a place that small.
you were a comic character
my first answer:
- roadrunner, because he’s always at full speed, and just stops by for a quick hello. one meep-meep from him says all that needed to be said.
- Dream from Sandman. The silent and thoughtful master of dreams.
- Delirium from Sandman. The hopeless/hopeful butterfly girl, which is more than slightly mad but far too empathic.