Check_MK FreeBSD Agent
A lot of work from Max M. (from the cmk list) and me and I’m getting to a point where the new FreeBSD agent will be ready for commiting.
- use statgrab instead of MUSE
- use statgrab instead of netctr
- use statgrab inline from the main script
- no more overflow bugs in memory consumption
- removal of many unnecessary linux portions
- plugin for portaudit
- much smaller footprint
Only one of those is really in the way, the rest are for later versions
- Port packaging (I wanna upstream it both ways)
- stdin closure – I had to open stdin due to an issue with statgrab. It will not print out the link status without opening stdin. This is a horror bug! Recommendation is to only use the agent in push mode, pushing to a server or via cron and a buffered file. Otherwise you might be inviting attackers.
- add a plugin to HP raid controllers, currently using cciss_vol_status
- add something for vmware tools status
- GEOM status
What I couldn’t find is anything to monitor ucarp – it kinda assumes monitoring is done via Email.
I’m thinking about a service for virtual IPs and have that as a clustered service between the cluster nodes.
Any ideas would be highly welcome.